hue gen 2 vs hue gen 1

Updated on January 17, 2017 in [Apps for Philips hue]
7 on April 30, 2016

Am I the only one who thinks that this update is ridiculous?

• Liked by
0 on April 30, 2016

Although I have to admit that the visuals look more attractive in gen 2. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 2, 2016

I looove the new look. Routines are also done better. But I really miss the ability to select concrete colors for each bulbs from a photo – that was the best feature and now is gone. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 2, 2016

Does anyone understand why they didn’t update the old app but created a new one instead? It just don’t make any sense to me. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 2, 2016

There is only one possible answer — they are not sure whether what they are making is high quality. It’s funny that Philips is most probably not convinced of their quality when writing software, which is interesting because they are really good with hardware. 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 2, 2016

Woohooo. Finally it came out. I’m happy Philips added rooms 🙂 That was the most essential part missing and why people like me were forced to use other 3rd party apps. Even though I have to say now that being forced to look for new apps, I’m happy I did cause I found some that I truly like, like hue disco, or Scintillator

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 18, 2016

I installed Gen 2 on my Nexus 6p. It’s a huuuge difference. Very stable so far. I will install it on my wife’s iPhone tonite 😉

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 17, 2017

If you don’t use apple home kit yes, that is ridiculous. I’m still waiting for having wifi support on the bridge :/

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies