Phillips Hue shows on my Alexa app finding “11 Devises” and I only have two bulbs

Updated on August 4, 2017 in [Apps for Philips hue]
3 on February 1, 2017

At random my Alexa app shows finding 11 or some times 12 “devices” found in my smart home. I only have two Phillips bulbs. When you tell Alexa to turn on a light, lets say bedroom light, it saying it found several devises with the same name and can not turn the light on. This is only in the Alexa app and not in my Hue app. The “devices” found are names like,, Bright in Bedroom, Dimmed in Bedroom, Nightlight in Living room, ect. I have to manually forget them every time to get Alexa to work turning lights on and off. How do I get the app to quit finding these devises. I just need bedroom light or Living room light.

• Liked by
0 on February 2, 2017

Delete the Hue Skill if you don’t need the scenes. Delete all discoverd devices in the Alexa app and the make a new discover. Then you have only the lights in the list.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 5, 2017

That worked, thank you so much! That was driving me crazy!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on August 4, 2017

How the H*** did you even get your scenes to show up? I have been trying for weeks to get my new Alexa echos to find the scenes. Alexa finds all of the lights without a problem, I can setup groups to turn them on, off or dim, but no scenes at all. I’m on Gen 2 hub, latest and greatest everything and it just won’t do it. I’ve deleted everything and started from scratch, added, removed, re added the Hue skill, nothing. Anybody? 

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies