US (110) 2nd Gen bulbs in Europe after one year. How is it going guys?

Updated 2 days ago in [Troubleshooting]
3 on July 9, 2017

Hello, would you please let us know if you experience any issues with US hue bulbs (2nd Gen) in Europe over a long period of time? I’ve read that 3rd Gen has issues with auto turning on and 1st Gen lost connection to the bridge within a year or so. But are there any issues with 2nd Gen over time? thank you!

• Liked by
0 on July 10, 2017

Am not sure whether you’ve seen this. It may be helpful: https://www.quora.com/Will-Philips-Hue-work-with-220v  Make sure to also read comments (there is some additional information)

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 10, 2017

thank you but, as I’ve mentioned, that link doesn’t answer about 2nd generation bulbs. Only 1st and 3rd. What happens with 2nd generation in one year?? 

• Liked by
Cancel

I’ve been using the 2nd gen for about a year and 6 months, only one have burned out so far, out of the 45+ colored bulbs, but other than that, been working flawless. Just ordered an additional 5 more of the 2nd gen while stock still last, as I still have trouble with the 5x 3rd gen on 220v turning on/off..

Quick video I’ve made a while ago of the issues with 3rd gen

Will probably just end up using the 3rd gen behind a smart switch for floor lamps as I doubt Phillips can resolve the issues simply by a firmware fix.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies