I hope there’s a solution to this.
- family has installed Hue and bridge at our florida home. I am still in Canada.
- they used my account to set everything up
- they can see everything on their phone, because they set up the devices while in range of the network
- I can see the bridge in meethue
- but I cannot see the lights or control anything from either meethue or the hue app on my phone
- the hue app on my phone seems to require it be in range of the wifi network at my florida place in order to connect
- the only option I seem have in the hue app is to search for the bridge, and there is no option I see to move past this to simply say “use the one on my account xxxx”.
How do I work around this, so I can see and control the lights from my phone while in Canada? Be pretty peeved if such a silly limitation exists requiring the phone and bridge to be on the same network to set up in the app.