I cannot connect to my bridge. In a matter of fact, my iPhone doesn’t even see the bridge. Anybody with the same issue?
Quick test – click this: https://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp – if the connection is alright you should see something like this
Other things to consider:
Additional resources that may be helpful:
Still looking for a solution, I downloaded and installed the “Lamp Finder for MAC” application (https://philipshue.com/lamp-finder-for-mac/), which required me to first install 414Mb of Oracle Java 10. Grmbl! Not really sure why I did this. Getting desperate.
As all three light on the bridge are ON, and only the Hue App seems to be unable to connect ( and yes: both are on the same WiFi network, the bridge has privileged un-routed acces directly into the WiFi, the above check from Steve (https://www.meethue.com/api/nupnp) gives me the correct internal IP address, heck, when I enter the address in a browser, it seemlessly connects me to a page with technical software details, and open source license files/sites. Still – see bottom of photograph : “Connecting …”
I had the same issue, all 4 lights solid ON, upnp test shown correct bridge IP even I can register my bridge to philips cloud server and also returning the bridge and got exchanged another bridge, still problem “Hue Bridge not Found” from iOS apps persist.
Then I tried the very basic network trouble shooting, ping the bridge ip (ethernet) from the wifi net and found “request time out” no matter what device I plugged into that ethernet. The culprit was the modem/router I got from ISP applies AP isolation (guest network) prohibiting connectivity from wifi to ethernet although both are on the same network and same DHCP, even worst my ISP reject to turn-off this AP isolation as they said it was because of the firmware out of their control.
So I put my own wifi router for all devices, only use ISP device as router to Internet and voila! It worked.
This one is a bit embarrassing but may prove helpful to others in this situation. My bridge arrived on a Saturday and I spent all day and evening trying to get the app to see my bridge, but to no avail. I followed all the suggestions in this and other helpful forums. My network is a little complicated, with my router in my home office and my WiFi extender in the living room. I extend both the 2g and 5g signals and the living room connects my Google Home, Roku, and other devices. I became very frustrated (tore down my WiFi network and rebuilt it a few times) and the next day Sunday I went to my son’s apartment and tried it there. It took awhile but I did get it to connect, which was an anomaly in the end. When I returned home I couldn’t get it to do anything. So Monday I go back to my son’s apartment armed with various wifi analytics on my phone to find out why I was able to connect at my son’s place but not home. I discovered that I could not replicate the success I had the day before. Also, my analytics showed that my son’s network was much worse off than my own, with tremendous channel interference to boot. As I was doing this my son chirped out that he was connected to my bridge. It turns out he downloaded the Hue app to his iPhone and immediately connected. When this happened I gave out a big sigh, because I realized I was on the wrong track. It had nothing to do with the network, and all to do with my Android phone. No, there is nothing inherently wrong with the Android phone. But years ago I downloaded a premium security app called Lookout, which has been running silently and had never interfered with any installation in the past. I temporarily deactivated the app and my phone immediately found the bridge. I went home and duplicated the experience, even by plugging directly into the extender instead of my main router. I added it to my Google Assistant and then reactivated my Lookout security. All is well.